Friday 14 November 2014

Fancy Labels Accordian Card with Message Bears

I have had some crafty fun this last few days....I already shared the shadow box card now I want to share another card I have made. This is an accordion die card created using the Karen Burniston Fancy Labels Accordion die from Elizabeth Craft.....
Here's a close up of the fancy labels and of one of the Penny Black Message Bear, there are four different ones in the collection, they were all coloured the with Promarkers.
Here the four message bears are spelling out the word "JENNI" (it's for my friend Jenni's birthday). Now as for the die its very clever how it works, The die is just one of those four squares with a tab down the side, you make as many as you want and connect them together so if your birthday boy is named "Christopher" you can make a card for him like this too! or you could even spell out "Happy Birthday!" if you desired, the possibilities are endless.
For he front of the card I cut some paper to cover it. That middle label image swivels to the 2nd side too, the rest of the frames are left white with the embossing inked up with my new inkpad Coastal Cabana by Stampin up, surprisingly this co-ordinated perfectly with the scrapbooking papers I used... Capsule Collection Eau de Nil its like a pale aqua jade! I love it with the crisp white.
I am entering this creation into a few challenges.....

 Ooh La La .....More Than One Fold.....check, lots of folds!
Crafting for all Seasons .....Birthdays.....check Birthday card!
Fab 'n' Funky .....Happy Birthday.....check birthday card!
Craft Your Passion .....Something Beginning with B..... check....Birthday brown bears!
Inky Impressions .....Animals ..... Bears are animals!
Penny Black and More .....Anything Goes
heres a view looking down from above the card, everything is linked up concertina style, this brings such a surprise to the recipient (Jenni another crafter friend loved it). the only embelishments I used were on the front....some stick on faux pearls. I could have added lots of flowers and swirl die cuts, but i wanted to keep the delicateness of the card and not overwhem the teddy bear images. I'm thinking now of getting the oval die in this collection, I will have to see what I get for Christmas but trust me i will drop some hints LOL

6 comments:

  1. so this in reality it is awsumly lovely. izzi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card, love the shape, colours and image, thank you for sharing with us at Ooh La La Creations, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning, I'm just loving what you've done here, colors, image everything. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons Challenge. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an adorable design. Love the accordion fold and the wonderful layering on each panel. Those bears are sweet and the detail around the frames is a fabulous touch. Thanks for joining our Things Beginning With B challenge at Craft Your Passion this week. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful love the colors thank you for joining us at OLL challenge Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous birthday card...Thanks for joining in with our birthday celebrations at Fab'n'Funky Challenges this week :)
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx