Saturday 21 February 2015

52 weeks @52 Project Life

Good Morning !,
It's 5 am on a rainy Saturday morning, yet again I cant sleep!!! so I thought I would do something constructive rather than sit here zombie style in front of my laptop looking into blank space. With all the chaos lately at home I have become somewhat stressed and feel quite ill, i am battling hard really trying to keep myself out of hospital so the best thing to do is be honest about it but try and find something to take my mind off how I feel! it's worked in the past!
In less than 2 weeks time I will turn 52  ***!GASP!*** how did that happen? Well I have been thinking a lot about scrapbooking again. The plan last year was to get back into traditional scrapbooking but after a couple of layouts that plan got lost and just didn't happen. I do feel that I really wanna do it BUT I chase photographs around my desktop, I search for the perfect layout, papers, embellishment etc etc that I become such an intense indecisive perfectionist that my pages never get past the idea stage. its frustrating I have lots of stash to use lots of photo's and a story to tell but my critical eye stops me all the time. So what's the answer?
I have heard of a system of pocket scrapbooking... "Project Life" I have looked into it on pinterest and google and it seems to be the answer to my problem. Obviously you never know if something is the answer or a good idea for you unless you try it out so that's what I am going to do.
I had one of those "OH YEAH" moments a few days ago where I realised that there are 52 weeks in the year and I will be 52!!! (not rocket science is it?) but what if I do this thing where I document my life for a year, spend 52 weeks sharing being my life @ 52 (gotta think of a better way to phrase that LOL) so I have asked Kev to buy me the album and the plastic pocket pages along with the die from Stampin' Up which cuts out the 4x6 and 3x4 cards some card in my favourite colours and just a few bits n bobs to start me off. I don't want to become a hoarder of Project Life cards so will just get a few and create the rest myself. I want to do this so that I can look back on this year too. It's the kind of thing I should have done two years ago as I turned 50 but most of you know how desperately ill I became in 2013 / 14 so that wasn't a possibility for me.
Now the one thing I had to get over was the worry that I would miss doing the traditional style of scrapbooking using my papers etc, I thought it was just a matter of putting photos into pockets and job done, but now i see  that it can be a bit more than that if i so desire (and I do), I can make the little cards myself adding ribbons embellishments my stash die cuts stamps etc etc but I can also intersperse the pocket pages with 12 x 12 layout pages if I want to. I can make up my own rules, or just decide not to have any rules at all! sounds good to me ;o) so now I am off to look at more pinterest boards and view more youtube videos  before I make a start next week I will start on Match 1st

I will let you know how I get on


1 comment:

  1. Yep you can do mini scrapbooking in project life so hopefully win win for you hope you can keep the stress down so you can improve your health hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx