Tuesday 21 June 2016

Sunburst Die brings in the sun

I have been feeling a bit "under the weather" so today I decided that it was time to experiment with the Sunburst Thinlits die to bring a little sunshine in! so....gloves at the ready.....
Stampin' Up Sunburst Thinlits Die #140617

I wanted to use watercolour paper and some bright inks to achieve a real wow and yes this is bright!
Here's what I did.....
I used a piece of watercolour paper 13cm x 17cm approx I just roughly cut it to be a little bigger than the die.
Using sponges I added the Stampin' Up inks from Crisp Cantaloupe, and Calypso Coral ink pads.
I re-inked an old almost bone dry ink pad (Opalite Gold Mist) with a Daffodil Delight Re-inker, Wow that was a good move! I had planned to throw that old pad away but now I have a gold yellow opulent colour which I love ;o)
I created a rough watercolour ombre effect with the three ink colours generating from the centre of the sunburst. Then spritzed with water to blend the colour a bit better. Using a paper towel to lift some blotches of colour. Three stamps from the Timeless Textures stamp set were used to randomly add inky colour blotches and dots of colour with the gold shimmer effect 
(I guess dotting with gold Wink of Stella pen will give a similar effect) 
When it came to die cutting with the starburst die from Stampin' Up I realised I had viewed the die upside down so had to cut from the back of the watercolour paper instead of on top to get the pinky peach centre in the top left corner! It was no great disaster, but I know now for next time! the other thing I learnt for next time is to trim the paper more precisely so that I can use the negative of the inked watercolour paper too....
I have viewed a few cards being made on you tube using this die but most folk had little triangles left over and threw them away!
why waste the ink? I will find a use for it even though I prefer the top sunburst, it will still make a background!

I have ordered the Sunburst Sayings stamp set to use with this die so I think I may wait till it comes to finish the card unless I think of something else in the meantime. if you follow my blog you will be able to find an update to see what Crafteresa UK did next!

I hope I have inspired you today to get the inks out and be creative with them. it really has cheered me up working with such smiley happy colours
if you would like to know more about Stampin' up products please contact me by email crafteresauk@gmail.com 
watch this space!!!

bye for now, come back soon

1 comment:

  1. Oh that looks fabulous and yes I think I'd be compelled to use the triangles too!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx