Thursday 16 June 2016

GUY GREETINGS DOUBLE Z CARD

I have made my first Double Z Card today after viewing the video tutorial from Jan B  ***HERE***, it's such a clear video and very easy to follow step by step along with Jan.
I needed to change this card up a bit as it was for our male friend from church so I used my new Guy Greeting Stampin' Up set for the first time!
My version used a 5.5 x 5.5 inches square card base.
 Unfortunately I do not yet have any Stampin Up DSP suitable for this card and I really need to start using up my stash mountain of scrapbook papers and card.. these green and brown colours are perfect for our friend who is a classy gentleman!
heres what I used...
The base was cream hammer card 11 x 5.5 folded in half to create a 5.5 x 5.5 inch card base
The brown is very similar to Chocolate Chip Stampin Up colour, the ink pad used here is Momento Rich Cocoa. I used some smooth cream card to stamp onto. then once cut out I inked the edges to give a real vintage look!
I cut the corners of the scrapbook paper and stuck it all down then realised its for a man! cant really put pearls or gems onto those corners so what should I do? and brads or eyelets will now need to go right through both layers of card! I dont like doing that, I would rather put a brad through 1 layersso that it cannot be seen on the back
 A friend suggested stars then I remembered more of my stash hoarding should be used LOL they are plastic gem like stars that had been in my drawer for ages n ages. I felt it would have been too much to use 6 so left the 2 inner corners blank
(I feel like I have been a good girl using up a bit of stash LOL)
I really enjoyed making this card. I am very happy with the Guy Greetings stamp set which I am gonna get a lot of use from, especaily now I know it still looks great if I dont wanna colour the images in! I will however buy the Chocolate Chip inkpad and card stock to use next time I make a similar vintage card.
I plan to personalise that inside cream panel but will not do that untill I have finshed the photographs as its a personal greeting.

Unfortunately the brads I used look a totally different colour in the photo they actually are brown and dark grey!
so what do you think? honsetly? I know the recipient will like it ! and so do I ;o)

see you again soon
happy crafting x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, Thanks for visiting my blog today xx